• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Firewall on Windows2000 Server

R

Rootz

People often ask me about some firewall software to protect their servers (Windows2000).
I usually set up routers with IP filters... I mean REAL hardware firewalls, I avoid using firewall software on server systems (at this time those customer people complain I want to spill the most money from them).

I tested some zone alarm pro (brr), sygate... commercial stuff on windows2000 server... apart from not being certified applications for that system, they often screw up services (worse on domain controllers).
I was wondering... anyone knows a firewall software certified to run on W2k Server? and anybody of you had that running with no hassle?

isa (internet security and acceleration) server 2000, Microsoft's firewall/proxy server......
run it on mine, works nicely, had no problems

have it with exchange 2000, and web services and dns all running on an ad domain controller........

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix