Firefox or IE ?

Lawman82

I see bad people
I just loaded firefox new verison with the new update, I'm wondering how many people have the problem on which one the best is, or which one works the best this year? Speak up with your ideas.

that's not what he asked ;) - asking which is best is subjective, both are good in some ways and bad in others, you should use each one and decide yourself after a period of time using them.

I can't really answer honestly since I have only really ever used IE. I tried FF once, wasn't impressed, and never went back. IE meets all my needs, love the tabbed browsing (used a skin to get tabs in ie6), and it's fast. So, for me, IE :)

I actually prefer IE w/Maxthon, but it chokes on very LARGE pages for me, so I usually use Firefox since I visit huge. As far as features go, though, Maxthon has a crapload of useful built-in stuff and community addons that blows Firefox (even with community addons) out of the water.

Falcon, never tried opera, hey post a link and I will take a look.

If you want to help the web design community then you can use Firefox, or IE7 at the very least. ;)

Seriously though, the community support of Firefox makes it a better browser to me. All the plugins and more constant updates are a big attraction.

I've pretty much used Firefox exclusively for the past year or 3 due to the NoScript and Adblock extensions for it.
I used to use Maxthon quite a bit before that.

FF has a more cleaner interface, its not clunky like IE when it loads pages. (my opinion, so please don't hound me) The add-ons, and plug-ins are what sells FF. IE has copied the tabbed browsing along with a few other aspects that FF started with.

Security, well no browser is 100% safe, but FF does hold a upper hand, Opera would be a good choice also. :)

In my personal experiences with companies that have made it mandatory to use nothing but firefox when surfing the net.

its all about what you like...

Guys, Tdinc put it the best way, I feel the same way from year to year, I just find some sites work better with different browser, but I'm going to check the others out also, I'm using FF right now since I loaded it today, it been running pretty smooth.

Use IE7 if you hate pop ups... At least in IE7 you have the option to block ALL pop ups by tweaking the settings - you can't do this in FF.

I actually prefer IE w/Maxthon, but it chokes on very LARGE pages for me, so I usually use Firefox since I visit huge. As far as features go, though, Maxthon has a crapload of useful built-in stuff and community addons that blows Firefox (even with community addons) out of the water.
petros, I never gad a problem with large sites, could you give me a link that ie has trouble with?

I use both daily. I have them set up to access different accounts and to be honest I can't tell the difference. Sometimes I think i'm in IE and realise I'm using FF.

The one big difference is that FF NEVER arbitrarily changes my font size selection like IE does.

Use either, or both like I do.

Same deal with Outook and Eudora. I use one for work accounts and the other for personal accounts on the same machine.

Last edited:
Use IE7 if you hate pop ups... At least in IE7 you have the option to block ALL pop ups by tweaking the settings - you can't do this in FF.

I can't think of one popup that has ever got through firefox's popup blocker that wasn't wanted, e.g. forum attachment window or a link I've clicked to open.

I used to only use IE but switched over to fire fox, its so fast and quite, I noticed IE is slow and always makes those clicking sounds when running it on vista. I know you can prob turn them off but i don't feel like looking for it. So a big fan of Fire Fox now.

well.. im using ie7 till ff3 comes out and, in my opinion, firefox is way better

even the 2.0 version seems lighter (on my system), so i cant wait to check the new one with all the memory improvements

and i also love the fact that there are so many extensions available which helps the browser suit ur needs even a bit more (adblock is the best btw, i think the reason im missing ff most)

I have been using Firefox for the past couple of years and I think that it is definitely better than IE.

The sheer number of plugins available for FF tilts the balance. Mouse gestures, download manager, web developer and thousands of cool plugins are hard to beat.

The only downfall of FF that I have noticed is, that it does have some memory leaks. I once left my FF on with 30+ tabs overnight and it consumed all of my 2GB of RAM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back