[Finished] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, Microsoft and HP Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, Microsoft and HP Giveaway

Thank you so much for running this giveaway!

I've been trying to send a PM but even though a comment of mine has been approved, it still tells me I don't have privileges for the PM section!

I hope I haven't run out of time for this giveaway. I REALLY need it.

Anyway, good luck to everyone! its a great idea from HP.

:nervous:

I've been trying for the past like hour and a half. This is quite frustrating. I know its due to end soon...

Re: [Ending] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, Microsoft and HP Giveaway

Ok, so I am not accepting any more entries at this time and will start removing duplicates, those who couldn't give me what I was looking for, oh I have so many emails to read :)

Hurry up! :p

First pass completed, removed dupes, incorrect answers (well to the survey part at least)

Merged threads and reopened this one.

So how exactly is this going to work? Are you just going to read them all and then put them in a randomizer like other sites or...?

He will read the answers, and than we, as a community will pick the most outlandish, humorous suck up story that someone wrote in one paragraph. Sob Stories, get binned , you have use those on another site.

Bonus points, if you mention World Domination, Aliens, Beer
Bonus Bonus points if your entire paragraph was in Xhtml, all tags properly formatted.

I am reading every single one and getting the list down still, it really depends what I get it down to. I have many many entries and know I can only pick one.

[insert progress bar]

Stop haxxing me!

I got to know, what was on the last page of the survey? That was a trick or something right?

Thanks again for your participation. Click below to return to the web page you clicked from a few minutes ago.* *Click to Leave Survey* (OSNN - Windows, Linux and Macintosh News)

Although I did accept people mentioning the two OSNN specific questions.

Cool, so I didn't mess up (though I didn't put the link address). Here's hoping I win :)

I don't think I messed up either... double checks. Now I'm nervous! hah. :)

Ok, so it has taken me the last four and a half hours of reading my emails (submitted when private messages were received) , I have finally managed to work my way through and select it a winner.

Trust me, it has not been an easy process as we have had many great entries and it sucks that today it is only possible for me to make a fraction of our entries happy. I really wanted to give these two laptops, the software to keep them linked and the bag to one of the many people that seemed like they would really benefit from the hardware.

Keeping the two laptops together was really the key and of course using the software to keep your documents on both machines synchronised at all times was the name of the game. So as gracious as offering relatives and friends the mini would have been, they would not have been together!

I didn't exactly know how I was going to handle picking a winner, I had the choice of randomly picking from anyone or working my way through and the latter is what I chose to do.

Obviously there can only be one winner but I am glad that so many new people have managed to find this site and I hope you will stick around to see what we have to offer.
So yes, without further ado I would like to announce that

The winner of the OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, HP, Microsoft, Timbuk2 Better Together giveaway is Vanessa237!

Like many of our entries, she is at college and will greatly benefit from the ability to have a larger laptop at home and one to take to class for notes.

So congratulations and consolations to everyone else, I just wish there is more I could have done as I did hear lots of sad stories, but you are preaching to the choir!

Lastly thanks to everyone that entered and completed the survey as that will really help us out and a special thanks to Jewelzz for working with the hardware and the rest of the OSNN team for dealing with the increased work and my ranting and raving.

Competitions on other sites are still ongoing so it is not too late to get your hands on some hardware, good luck!

Thank you for the giveaway & congrats to Vanessa :)
I plan on staying; though I probably won't be much help. haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back