Faster running speed.

Ok I did some more searching regarding these files.
.SQM are files that are created when you sign in to MSN Live Messenger.

You can delete all files that ends with the extension of .sqm. You won't get into any problem after deleting it.

These files are typically hidden and written to the root directory of the drive. FILExt understands that the location the files are written may change in the future. Some other Microsoft products may drop these files as well. Reportedly you can turn the writing of sqmdata.sqm and sqmnoopt.sqm files off by going to Help, Customer Experience Improvement Program in Messenger and then turning them off from there.

If this is true, and if you use messenger this will explain these files. But on the other hand these files also turn up with the pviever trojan as I stated. So if you scans turn up clean then you should be in the clear.

Found this over at neowin it should help you with these files.
What are these .sqm files? - Neowin Forums

Alright, I'll run some scans, delete those files & see what happens from there.

Thanks so much :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back