fast modem

P

popeye

i live in an area where there is no dsl facilities. I would like to make the net much faster. I heard about fast modem 128 bps can somebody please give me more information about that, and where can i buy this hardware. I have PackardBell xp windows Cheers. popeye.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Fast modem? 128kps? A standard phone line can barely carry 56kps.

So if DSL isn't available, how about cable modem, such as RoadRunner?

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
There is no SINGLE modem that does 128k,

There was a modem made by diamond and usr that used shotgunning technology...it was basically 2 modems in one, you could then dial up 2 connections to the ISP and bond the connections for 128k

I use to have one of these and it worked great till my isp stopped allowing 2 connections at the same time, that made it so that if you made 2 connections to your acct one got kicked off. so unless your isp allows double connections, you'd have to pay for 2 separate accts.

X

xaz

sorry popeye M8 , it seems you have to suffer for a while untill you get the broadband. :D :D XAZ

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut