News Facebook offer cash for exploits

Facebook have started paying out to hackers that find loopholes or exploits in, er, Facebook.

One security researcher has been rewarded with more than $7,000 for finding six serious bugs in the social networking site.
The minimum amount paid for a bug is $500, said Mr Sullivan, up to a maximum of $5000 for the most serious loopholes. The maximum bounty has already been paid once, he said.
Many cyber criminals and vandals have targeted Facebook in many different ways to extract useful information from people, promote spam or fake goods.

More and more companies are offering cash incentives to third parties (ie the public) for finding exploits in their products. I guess it certainly beats waiting around for other people to do it for "the lulz" to huge embarrisment later on.

:source: BBC News - Facebook pays for security loopholes

Facebook have started paying out to hackers that find loopholes or exploits in, er, Facebook.

More and more companies are offering cash incentives to third parties (ie the public) for finding exploits in their products. I guess it certainly beats waiting around for other people to do it for "the lulz" to huge embarrisment later on.

:source: BBC News - Facebook pays for security loopholes

Especially since Anonymous is suppose to "destroy" them in November (I would assume through some exploit and not just DDoS).

J
Facebook should hire these guys in the company permanently!

M
This is an excellent idea! I'd rather the hackers help keep my FB acct safe than exploit it, as would most people undoubtably!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back