Error message after right clicking on...just about anything!!!

S

Stiletto10

This prob just started recently. I wanted to delete a desktop shortcut, so I right clicked on it to get the pop-up menu, when up came this message: Explorer has encountered a problem and must shut down!......I then click on the "more tech info" tab and get this:
Error signature
AppName:explorer.exe AppVers:6.0.2600.0
Mod:shell32.dll ModVers:6.0.2600.0
Offset:0004210c

When I click to exit this and the main dialog box my screen will lose all desktop icons but not the background. Then everything goes back to normal.

If I go through this whole thing again my screen will flicker and then send me to the "Restore Active Desktop" screen!

It does not matter what I "right"click on I always get the same error mssg.

Can anyone help or get me intouch with someone who can?

BTW...This was a fresh install of XPHOME not an upgrade

E

existenz

It's quite surprising how many times Rebooting has cleared my problems!:D

S

Stiletto10

reboot

Okay I know I'm going to sound like a complete moron but when you say "reboot" you mean I should install XP again ...over the original install.....right??

E

existenz

nononono!

reboot as in restart your computer!!

It's not SURPRISING that a clean install would solve a problem ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR