English Mac OS 9.2

Ake Mortsell

OSNN Newbie
During the past 3-4 years I have collected, upgraded and shipped approx. 40 Mac to Africa. I have also been there to hold seminars. Now someone donated 3 iMac 600MHz, and the English OS 9.1 I have is not good for these iMac! They have all a Swedish OS 9.2 - so I guess i need an English copy of 9.2! Unfortunatley Apple dont sell OS 9 anymore, so I ask if there is someone out there having a install CD of Mac OS 9.2 suitable for these old iMac?
Since all other Computers they have (in Africa) are running on OS 8 ocr 9, I hesitate to confuse them with OS X. Please send me a line if you have a OS9.2 CD!

OS 9.1 should run on these computers. If anything, I would consider contacting sales at Apple and explaining your problem, maybe they would be willing to help out with your problem. If not, your best solution would IMHO be to contact ElectronicPunk, and explain to him, and ask him (from me) if it would be possible to get a news post done to get more attention.

i would go ebay. if they have it more than likely you won't pay much since it's so outdated... however, won't a "classic" system folder be good from mac os x? big file, don't know how i'd get it to you though...

Techno Child said:
i would go ebay. if they have it more than likely you won't pay much since it's so outdated... however, won't a "classic" system folder be good from mac os x? big file, don't know how i'd get it to you though...

Classic system folder won't help.

kk... didn't think so now that i'm looking at it... other than ebay, i would check and see if your state has a computer recycleing center... they usually get software for all comps.

X-Istence said:
OS 9.1 should run on these computers. If anything, I would consider contacting sales at Apple and explaining your problem, maybe they would be willing to help out with your problem. If not, your best solution would IMHO be to contact ElectronicPunk, and explain to him, and ask him (from me) if it would be possible to get a news post done to get more attention.

Thank You for your reply! It's not easy to find an English OS in Sweden, and I would really appreciate if you could help in this matter. I do this on a volontary basis, (collecting and shipping Mac's to Africa) and a suitable Mac OS CD could be maild to me. I could of course return some $ cash for the trouble! Please let me know!

Ake Mortsell said:
Thank You for your reply! It's not easy to find an English OS in Sweden, and I would really appreciate if you could help in this matter. I do this on a volontary basis, (collecting and shipping Mac's to Africa) and a suitable Mac OS CD could be maild to me. I could of course return some $ cash for the trouble! Please let me know!

Contact ElectronicPunk, he said he was more than willing to help out, he can get you the news post!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back