Empty Start Menu - please help

segamil

OSNN Addict
I recently installed a new copy of Vista on my wife's computer. We don't know how but somehow she lost all the recent programs and icons on her start menu. The programs are all there but I can't figure out how to get them back on the start menu. I attached a screenshot so you can see the problem. Any one have any ideas how I can fix this?

Attachments

segamil

OSNN Addict
Thanks for the response LordOfLA. I just went ahead and tried that, but still no go. I wonder if it might have something to do with one of the tweak programs we used.

Try this...
  • Right-click the Taskbar, click Properties.
  • Select the Start Menu tab, and click Customize.
  • Look for the "Number of recent programs to display" option, and set it to 9 (default).

segamil

OSNN Addict
Solved!

Ok, it was Vista Smoker. I think I used an automatic tweak setting after I installed Vista. I reset everything back to the original default settings and the start menu box is once again populated with recently used programs. Thanks!

segamil

OSNN Addict
Hey NetRyder,
I tried that but it kept coming back empty. as it turns out, it was a tweak program that caused it to disappear. Wife's happy again :)
thanks for the quick response - that's why I keep coming back to OSNN!

Try this...
  • Right-click the Taskbar, click Properties.
  • Select the Start Menu tab, and click Customize.
  • Look for the "Number of recent programs to display" option, and set it to 9 (default).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut