• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Effects Button in Display Properties

E

Eve

I want to make the text background in my desktop icons transparent. I have tried everything I can find on this website with no change. I think the option might be in Display Properties on the appearance tab under effects. Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on the effects button. If I click on the advanced button underneath a box opens, but none when I click on the effects button. Any idea how to fix this button so I can get the transparency I want? TIA

Eve

E

Eve

Anyone? I have checked it out on my computer at home and the option to make the icon text transparent is under "effects" Anyone know to to turn this button on?

M

Martyr63rd

well i would like to be able to help you but, it is default to be transparent i thought.

yoyo

Hallo, you really have that option under effects in display properties on your computer at home?? Usually it is here: Right-click on My Computer and choose properties. Then click on the advanced
tab. Click Settings in the Performance box. Put a check next to use drop
shadows for icon labels on the desktop.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
also, right-click on your desktop and un-check "Lock Desktop Items" if you accidently did that it causes the text to not be transparent.

E

Eve

Yoyo: I have that done.

o_87: That option was ticked, I have it unticked now, but there is no change.

Any other ideas?

yoyo

hmmmm??? Don't know, usually this is the way to do it. Just a guess: you are running at the absolute minimum concerning ram. Perhaps XP cuts off features here and there???

E

Eve

Thanks o_87 I downloaded that yesterday. I was looking to find out how to fix the effects button so I didn't use it til today. It's a bit confusing, but it works. Thanks again.

Eve ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies