earthquake in uk

m00 - earthquake was felt here in birminigham... was out the house in seconds :p

MdSalih

Yes! i felt it. Woke me up!

I couldn't believe it. actually when i felt it i was asleep, it woke me up but i was still half asleep when it finished. The first thing I thought of was Earthquake. But i dismissed the idea, i thought "hang on we don't get earthquakes heres, not ones like that anyway". I thought it might have been something else, like the apartment below me dropping something big! Of course being half asleep it didn't occur to me that they would have had to blow something up for it to rock my bed like that!
Anyway i forgot about it in about 2 minutes and went back to sleep.
I turn on the radio this morning and what do I hear "Earthquake, 4.8". I thought "cool". Well that was my first quake here in sleepy ol England, and i basically slept through it

Didn't even realise you got earthquakes around this part of the world. Weird! Thought you had to be near the edge of a plate or something? :confused:

ummm earthquake? i didn't feel it @ all were i am:( (i'm in south westish.) i've never heard of an earthquake in the u.k b4.

Actually the UK gets allot of Earthquakes. most are never felt, only detected by machines, very few have a small effect in a small area. but this is the biggest one i've heard of in the UK, and the only one i've felt

im only a few mins away from brum and it scared me LOL, i felt a massive rumble and the windows started to shake and my monitor nearly feel off the desk :(

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back