E-mail help

aphexking

Richard
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I want to keep all my e-mails from my inbox in outlook express and put them in the inbox of my new computer. How do I do this.

I have just brought new laptop.
I am confused what to do
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Thank you

Richard

The files should be located in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{E45557EC-68A7-4D2B-A819-6AF4524BFF97}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

copy the files to your new computer in the same location

ok, I have a this very same problem but a little differnt. Instead of between 2 comps it is between 2 HDD's on the same comp. I am moving everything onto the new HDD. But when I try to copy the files I am getting a "access denied" It may be in use or locked by another program. How do I get arround this? Safe Mode?

Like Khayman said, e-mails are located there: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\

Identities folder is the one to be saved. But I wouldn't perform a simple copy/paste. In Outlook Express, go to File > Import > Messages and give it the path mentionned above, import all messages/folders and you shouldn't have any "access denied" issue as you only import/copy them and not move them. This way, you're sure all filles will be copied the right way.
My 2ct.

Use the import/export feature Howling Wolf mentioned. Can't go wrong...........well as wrong as windows can be. :D

Maveric169 said:
ok, I have a this very same problem but a little differnt. Instead of between 2 comps it is between 2 HDD's on the same comp. I am moving everything onto the new HDD. But when I try to copy the files I am getting a "access denied" It may be in use or locked by another program. How do I get arround this? Safe Mode?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back