DVD Player 4.6 (10.4 Only)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
About DVD Player 4.6
Delivers added support for DVD Studio Pro 4 authored HD DVDs. It is recommended for all users of DVD Player using Mac OS X 10.4

Key Updates include:
-Additional support for playing DSP 4 authored HD DVD folders from DVD discs and hard drives.
-Additional support of discs with both SD and DSP 4 authored HD content.
-Improved Global Player settings.
-Improved usage for last play and disc info dialogs.

Seems like it hasn't made it into Software Update yet, so for the mean time, you can get the update from here: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/dvdplayer46.html

Yeah none of the new stuff has made it into software update since Tiger. I'm not sure if it's a bug in Tiger or Apple is holding off putting them into update for some reason or other.

iTunes 4.8 is available in Software Update now, also iLife updates were present, should you have it installed... there's no problem with it :)

picture17au.png

Very odd. I updated iTunes my self but see nothing for iLife 5 (or anything else for that matter) on update. :(

Do you have iLife installed? It's not going to show you updates for things that you don't have installed (Unless they're hardware updates... I think anyway).

All of those updates in the pic above are part of iLife 05 which I purchased and installed after Tiger :)

SPeedY_B said:
Do you have iLife installed? It's not going to show you updates for things that you don't have installed (Unless they're hardware updates... I think anyway).

All of those updates in the pic above are part of iLife 05 which I purchased and installed after Tiger :)
I had iLife 05 come with my mini. I did a archive and install to Tiger. Maybe thats why I'm not getting them?

Odd .. upon closer examination (I actually opened iPhoto) I'm be up to date already. Perhaps upon reboot of Tiger install it auto-updated?

muzikool said:
Hmm... is there an auto-update?
Well if you check the box in Update to check daily it's basically auto. :p

Just hit update and found this ...
The 10.4.1 Update delivers overall improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users. It includes improvements for:

file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
using DHCP in wireless networks
user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
synchronization with .Mac
Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility
compatibility with third party applications and devices
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n301517

Your not going to believe it but this thread is magic. Upon reading this post I hit update again and got this...
DVD Player 4.6 delivers added support for DVD Studio Pro 4 authored HD DVDs. It is recommended for all users of DVD Player.

Key Updates include:

Additional support for playing DSP 4 authored HD DVD folders from DVD discs and hard drives.
Additional support of discs with both SD and DSP 4 authored HD content.
Improved Global Player settings.
Improved usage for last play and disc info dialogs.

Software Update still hasn't told me that I've won a 30" Cinema Display.

*waits for the magic to happen*

muzikool said:
Software Update still hasn't told me that I've won a 30" Cinema Display.

*waits for the magic to happen*
Thats fantasy, not magic. :p

:p

The DVD player update showed up for me, along with 10.4.1, iTunes 4.8 and the Apple Intermediate Codec (for iLife '05).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back