Dungeon Keeper 2 Problems

C

Charles Noble

I have installed Dungeon Keeper 2 on XP and applied the 1.70 update. My system is a Pentium 4 1.8Ghz with 512Mb of memory and GeForce2 graphics card. I've applied the latest XP updates from Microsoft.

Dungeon Keeper 2 either crashes out with no error after a period of time or hangs and has to be killed off. None of the compatibility options make it work. Some of them actually stop it working completely.

Does anyone know of a way of making it work.

Bios Issue!

It could be...

have u installed the latest bios ! ? And or Configured it right..check AGP aparture size ..maybe even fast writtes on or off? Try Different Settings ...

but dont fuddle 2 much in the bios ..if you dont know what ur doing!

Also Download the latest 3D-Drivers for your 3D-card...

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

LightWave

I had no luck getting DKII to work in XP either, couldn't even get a game loaded w/out crashing, DKII is just too damn old.

I have a similar problem, that XP won't run Dungeon Keeper 2.
Also won't run in Win98...
In both cases says it can't find the Key CD_ROM (it is a legal copy).

I played around in the registry on the Win98 PC and removed the strings relating to Dungeon Keeper 2 (not the Dungeon Keeper II entries) and it then ran ......... ONCE played first level then it locked up PC and has not run again.

Playing with XP's registry does not help.

The CD-Rom path must be stored somewhere, but I cannot find it, and the registry entry for the path does not contain any information.

My kids would like to play it .on any platform so any help would be appreciated

Cheers

IT WORKS - Thanks to EA

Thanks to EA Games support. I have found the solution.

If you have DMA set on your CD-Rom drive then DK2 will not work
so turn it off for the game don't forget to reboot PC before playing.

If you have more than 1 cd-rom in PC, ensure DMA is off and if still a problem, uninstall and reinstall from the other cd-rom drive.

Hope it helps someone..... My kids are happily playing now

Page has been updated, in case any one is interested.

Also, this avatar is awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back