• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dual monitor problem

J

Jilles

Yes finally two monitors on my geforce 4 ti, but there is one prob, my tv is black-white (normally color). i think the prob is the refresh rate (60 hz), its usually at 50 hz with color, but i can't change the refresh rate at the advanced properties menu. So my question is: How can i change the refresh rate or how can i get color whitout changing the refresh rate, please help.

Taurus

hardware monkey
lemme guess... you're using an s-video cable to connect to your tv, right? just wiggle the connections a little bit. make sure the cable is seated at both ends completely.

see, if you look at the end of an s-video cable, you'll notive it has 4 pins. two are for luminance (black + white) and two are for chrominance (color). together, these give you a normal picture, but if the chrominance signal isn't reaching, you'll get a black + white screen.

J

Jilles

No man that's not the problem. i really think it's the refresh rate, because i have a ps2 and when its on 50 hz it was color but at 60 hz its went black and white so its based on that.

Welcome to the forums Jilles!

Don't worry about the refresh rate, the TV encoder chip takes care of that. It could be your output coding I guess. Are you using NTSC or PAL?

M

mbunny

Yeah... its NTSC or PAL that is ur problem... not ur refresh.

I got a diff dual display problem :/

Whenever i play games and the resolution on my primary screen changes, the second screens resolution gets warped and stuff gets moved around. It fixes itself after i finish the game but i wanted to use the 2nd monitor as my kinda cheat/map/helper screen during games and have winamp sitting there so i can see what song is coming up next =)

Taurus

hardware monkey
well, ntsc and pal have different refresh rates (50hz and 60hz respectively, i believe)... so, in effect, you're all right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi