Dual Channel DDR question

Yes I had it and it was a great board I sold it to my buddy he still has it with the 3200+ and 1 gig in DC mode you cant run 2 gig in that board in dc mode because of the double sided / single sided issuses I dont see why you are having trouble with the setup , one thing easy tune is only used to moniter some features if you do your homework you will see it is not on the list of baords that has full functions.

You should set everything to manual in bios and set the ram at 1:1 and the FSB at 200 , vdimm 2.7 cpuvcore 1.65 and its 11 x 200 clocks ram timings start with 9-3-3-3 and see how it is you can always tighten the ram after

I don't understand this bit "set the ram at 1:1" and "set everything to manual in bios". The bios lets me set auto mode for lots of settings or to manualy select speed or voltage. Maybe im asking way to much of my ram as the default timings were 2,2,2,5. I have noticed that corsair dont claim cas 2 performance on amd platforms for this ram only 2.5. I will back it all off and try an see where Im going wrong. Will post results soon.

KERMIT_ THE_FROG !!! My man you have solved my problem!!!! You are a STAR, I just tried the memory timings you suggested and here I am with the FSB at 400mghz and its all fine! Ill tweak the timings more tomorrow ( and the core speed!lol) but for now im well pleased!!

CPU is now at 2250mghz, ram at 408mghz, FSB 204! Rock solid so far, im going to leave at this and stress the system a bit before I try to squeaze it any more. Ive not yet played any games or run bench marks. PCPITSTOP score was 1685 though without a defrag! Im sure the memory will run tighter timings than this its all going to take time find out though. IM happy, thanks for the input KERMIT, ive had the barton 3200 for about 3/4 weeks, only just got the FSB up to 400mghz and ABOVE because of your advice.

My "cheapo" corsair runs ok at 7, 3, 3, 2.5 But you'll get more performance pushing the FSB and leaving the timings at the more relaxed settings you have now.

steveblade_uk said:
CPU is now at 2250mghz, ram at 408mghz, FSB 204! Rock solid so far, im going to leave at this and stress the system a bit before I try to squeaze it any more. Ive not yet played any games or run bench marks. PCPITSTOP score was 1685 though without a defrag! Im sure the memory will run tighter timings than this its all going to take time find out though. IM happy, thanks for the input KERMIT, ive had the barton 3200 for about 3/4 weeks, only just got the FSB up to 400mghz and ABOVE because of your advice.

Great I am glad I could help. !!!!

Ive been realy busy with work (odd shifts) that why I havn't posted anything for a bit but im still having problems. Ive tried an earlier bios (f19) with no luck. When I went the pc the next day it wouldn't boot. I pulled the battery to clear cmos settings and then went back to square one. Something aint right, I was just about to order some water cooling kit, but till I have this working at stock speeds Im not going to bother. Im sick of pulling the battery, its going to wear out the holder at this rate!! I had the multiplyer on 11x, fsb 200, memory timings at 9-3-3-3, an it booted an was fine, I gave it a tweak with ET4 and ran a very modest over clock speed fine, then next day it didnt boot??? More investigation needed, would my cpu temp at 63 celcius make it unstable?? If so then ill go ahead with water cooling it. I find cpu coolers just dont work as good as the packaging claim and there all dam noisey!

63 C at no load is very high. 63 C at heavy load is still pretty high. But it should still boot ok when cold so I doubt that is causing the boot failure.

But before you do anymore troubleshooting get the temp down. Water cooling should not be necessary for a stock setup. Make sure the heatsink is on right (not backwards), and that there is a thin coating of thermal paste applied. If the heatsink has a speed control, don't use it yet.

My heatsink is a cool master HHC-L61, its the best ive found after along line of mediocer to crap coolers ive had. Its properly fitted with a thin layer of thermal grease, I was going to get the water cooling for its thermal performance and quietness, then there is the posibility of some overclocking also of course.

Ive not done much more fault finding yet but plans are a foot!! lol. Ive got a thermaltake bigwater kit on order to sort out my cpu temperature problems, in the mean time ive drop the core voltage to 1.55v and got a significant drop in cpu temprature (8c) . Its at 55c no load at the moment but im hoping I can get it 10/15c ish lower than that. Least I can use my pc at the moment. Im running the memory at 350mhz and 6,3,3,3. Ill post more results when I have them and let you know how good, or bad the water cooling turns out.

Ive been without a pc for a week, work stopping me from installing the watercooling kit. Its my first attempt and it has not been as completely straight forward as I hoped it would be. Ive got a no load improvement of 25/26 celcius cooler. Im well pleased with the kit but its very short on instructions and mounting hardware. If I had a larger case that would have let me mount the radiator on the exterior I would have got even lower temperature as the rad fan is drawing air from inside the case and blowing through the rad but its still very good. Now to sort out the instabillity when the fsb is at 400mghz or more and the boot faliures too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back