• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DSL Pauses Games Every 4 Seconds!

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
whenever I connect to DSL and play any kind of game like CS or WC3 or Morrowind even though i'm in single player and not multiplayer I get this gameplay problem. The game keeps freezing or should I say pausing on me every 1 milisecond for every 4 seconds, everything pauses for a tad second every 4 seconds and the cycle continues. Its not my video card problem because it works so fine whenever I'm not connected to DSL. its my DSL problem and I want to know why DSL is causing this. I got SBC DSL SpeedStreamer DSL Modem. Plz I need help!:(

G

GraLk

Dunno much about playing games online, but the first thing that springs to mind is a forced connection on your DSL. On your modem or router setup page, see if there is an option to "keep connection alive" or similar. My router does this every 5 seconds, so it could possibly be something along those lines. (Although why this would 'trip' your puter up I have no clue.)

GraLk :D

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
It applys online and when i'm not even playing online. Acually it applies that is anything 3D or moving.
Ok how do I get to the setup page?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies