Drive Image Update

Xie

- geek -
Ok so I installed Drive Image and rebooted ... then I check for patches like I do w/ everything and found one to update it from 7.0x to 7.0.3 and it seemed to go ok. Only now when I go help -> about it still says 7.0 instead of 7.0.3 or something so now I'm wondering if it really updated or what. :p Anyhoo if any of you got this program maybe you can see what yours says ...

ps - including a pic of my about screen.

-Edit- here is patch I used here

Attachments

• drive_image.jpg
    drive_image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 114
Is there an update for drive image 7 pro for XP 2k and XP?.

Lee said:
Is there an update for drive image 7 pro for XP 2k and XP?.
The only choice your given is 7.0x so I guess its same update for both? Also file name includes pro in the name "vpro203_personalupdate_esd.zip".

I do believe it is the same....

I have a vague memory of doing just the same as you - then for some reason I really cannot remember I had to check with their tech helpline on something and it turns out they are one and the same - probably confusion crept in with the Powerquest/Symantec buyout. That's my guess anyway.

My confusion stems from the version number not changing anyplace I can see so I'm not sure the update even updated anything. :(

Well a few moons ago they released a first update which was an iso. I updated o.k.

Still says 7, but I think it has changed. Now with 2.0.3.4002.

Lee said:
Well a few moons ago they released a first update which was an iso. I updated o.k.

Still says 7, but I think it has changed. Now with 2.0.3.4002.
Hmm.. mine says 2.0.3.402 but thats after trying patch thats from March 1, 2004 to update to 7.0.3 ...

/me is confused :confused:

Ok I just had a look at the "Backup Image Broswer" included w/ Drive Image and it has the following info in its about. So I guess the latest patch did take and they just don't update the version # in the program?

PowerQuest Backup Image Browser
Version: 2.0.3.402
Build: 2/25/2004 12:52 PM

yeah - the 402 (4002?) is the thing, you got it - mind you with symantec thing it may be the last update we ever get?!

Mainframeguy said:
yeah - the 402 (4002?) is the thing, you got it - mind you with symantec thing it may be the last update we ever get?!
hopefully not ... so far i like it 100% better then ghost :)

Xie said:
Hmm.. mine says 2.0.3.402 but thats after trying patch thats from March 1, 2004 to update to 7.0.3 ...

/me is confused :confused:

Mainframeguy said:

Xie said:
hopefully not ... so far i like it 100% better then ghost :)

Obviously the extra zero was a slip, never tried ghost, just goback or drive image.

Hmm...I'm still using DriveImage 2002 that I bought some time ago, but I'm thinking of moving over to Acronis TrueImage. It seems to have support for more filesystems (especially ReiserFS, which I use for my Slackware partition).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back