DOH!!!windows xp home edition???

L

larrythelamb

I have installed windows xp home edition alongside my windows xp pro i get the dual boot screen no problems but the win xp home is swedish is there any way to change the language to english so i can read all the menus and windows?

thanks in advance

lol, did you download a swedish version of XP? if so i'm not sure if there is a universal way to change the language file heheh

Yep a real turkey i feel,looks like that swedish phrase book may come in handy after all....lol:D

Why on earth do you want to dual boot between Home and Pro!!

At a loss:confused:

I was thinking the same thing. is there any benefit to duel boot pro and home. i thought home was just a striped down pro without all the extra admin stuff and security shit

Windows XP brings together two product families that were previously separate and decidedly unequal. From Windows 2000, it inherits a reliable, generally crash-proof foundation. It adds a host of user-friendly features and system utilities that were previously available only in Windows 98 or Windows Me. For good measure, it tosses in some interface enhancements and new capabilities that were previously available only as third-party add-ins.

Most importantly, Windows XP comes in two distinctly different versions:

Windows XP Home Edition. This budget-priced version is typically bundled with consumer PCs sold for use in homes and very small businesses. It’s intended for nontechnical users who don’t need to connect to corporate networks and don’t want to fuss with complicated system and security options. It’s compatible with any desktop or notebook PC that has a single CPU and a single video display.

Windows XP Professional. This version includes everything in the Home Edition, plus all the networking and security components required to join a Windows NT/2000/XP domain. If your system configuration includes certain types of high-performance hardware, such as a dual-processor motherboard, you’ll need Windows XP Professional to fully utilize it.

^^ - from me book.. hope that helps... no need to dual boot in my opinon, just keep pro and u should be good...

Sorry guys and galls for the delay (b/band down again :-().
Anyway to clear things up i was just experimenting with xp home edition it set up the dual boot so as not to lose my data on my win xp pro version anyway i have now deleted win xp home so just back to win xp pro ;-).

Seems ok but if only i could speak/read swedish xp home looks a better option for me......oh well will have to keep lookin ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back