• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

doesn't use wireless driver from vista

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
finally installed the os, can't get on line though it can't find a driver for my wireless card

any solutions?\

ps, really surprised how fast this installed, about 15 minutes

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
thanx johnny, it's broadcom, went to their site, will have to download while booted to vista then install

preciate the help

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
thanx johnny, it's broadcom, went to their site, will have to download while booted to vista then install

preciate the help
silly perris, it's a marvell top dog ec85

I went to their site and they don't show any support for windows 7, I suppose it's in their beta program but that's not public

bmclaughlin

Let's break something.
Download the Vista driver... if it refuses to install, right click on the installer file, properties, compatibility, set it to Vista.

Should install then.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
Is this a gateway laptop? how old is it ?
ya, about a year old, three gig intel core2, 260 gig hardrive, not a bad piece of hardware

anyway, I did what both of you guys said, per johnny I went to the marvel site, downloaded the latest driver, they didn't have one for 7 so per bmc I forced the install, it's working perfectly without having to use compatability mode

thanx guys

bmclaughlin807

Let's blow something up.
Political User
ya, about a year old, three gig intel core2, 260 gig hardrive, not a bad piece of hardware

anyway, I did what both of you guys said, per johnny I went to the marvel site, downloaded the latest driver, they didn't have one for 7 so per bmc I forced the install, it's working perfectly without having to use compatability mode

thanx guys
Yeah... the installer is checking for the os and doesn't recognize 7... my wife's laptop did the same thing... the drivers themselves were fine, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies