does anyone else here hate itunes?

Guys this brings up one major annoyance I've had with WMP since I first installed XP- its the licensces and DRM thing, yeah I can understand copyrights reasons, and backing up licensces, and disabling the protection feature, but the first time it really caught me by the short and curlys when I backed up all my music on cd in win98, done a fresh install, and then half my music WMP couldn't find licensces for it so it wouldnt play, and now half the time when I download media files from various souurces, WMP 10 tells me that it has to download a security upgrade, and then it comes back with an error message basically saying it can't open the file :-( oh, and one major reason I don't like iTunes is not the software itself, its the fact that iTunes is practically the only piece of software that you can use with *.m4a files, no cross compatibility whatsoever... :-(

Xie said:
iTunes you do own it. Also why would Apple drop Quicktime for WMP? That be like trading a Hummer for a Geo Metro. :p

I haven't wanted to try Itunes ot find out about that. But you saying that Quicktime is a hummer ?? Now that is funny, Quicktime is the biggest waste of computer space available .. Now if I had a mac I am sure I would be thinking diff ...

Also, the fact that WMP10 has a mp3 encoder means jack. It is still not even close to what EAC is .. Nothing will ever beat EAC ..

Johnny said:
Also, the fact that WMP10 has a mp3 encoder means jack. It is still not even close to what EAC is .. Nothing will ever beat EAC ..
Probably so, but the average user who isn't an extreme audiophile wouldn't notice the difference. Some people prefer the convenience of having an all-in-one app with which they can rip their music, have it tagged, and added to their library - all in a click or two. Personal preference, just like anything else. :)

Johnny said:
Now that is funny, Quicktime is the biggest waste of computer space available .. Now if I had a mac I am sure I would be thinking diff ...
RealPlayer fan? :p

Xie said:
RealPlayer fan? :p

Don't even get me started on that chunk of junk dude .. I hate Realplayer about as much as I hate Quicktime .. lol

I think johnny has a real/quicktime fetish that he isnt telling us about

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back