Do You Think You Have The Skills...

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
making my sig rite now but i done wit my avatar nothin special jsut showcasing my comp case.. wat tags do i use to put it into my sig, (im talkin bout my sig.gif)

just use [ IMG ] putthepathtoyoursighere.gif [/ IMG ] just dont put the spaces I put in there.

or you can do

oO ShifterZ Oo I just saw your post in October desktop caps... how is all the stuff (usage, weather, upload and downloads etc.) how is all that put on your desktop. I know it is scripted but exactly how. Do I need to install the programs and run them from there.... I like the look of that and I know MadMatt did a tutorial but I cant follow it. Does anyone have a simpler way.. pleassssseeeeee

Well shouldn't you be asking in the October desktops thread? :p

I dont wanna... too busy of a thread and I want a comprehensive answer and not all the spam between posts...

yeah i really like that minimalistic stuff too....it's so easy going:D too bad i don't understand a friggin thing about it....can't EP make a tutorial when he's done with the database, like in stead of a review....and with help from madmatt...that'd be great..:D

PseudoKiller
who doesnt like a staight foward answer but well madmatt is called "active desktop" i think

my is called a program called "coolmon" go on yahoo.com search keyword "coolmon" click on the first link. Download this niffy program. then go to the extenstion page and downlaod wat ever script u want, i downlaoded the weather and the ip and the pop3 (which i cant get to work)

but then i didnt make the cfgg file its builded into the program so after u installed it right click the coolmon icon in ur taskbar and selcet fast config> and click on aangels config. which im using then add the things into it. ITs pretty stiaght forward but if u have any problems jsut reply to me :)

I think I will have to find Matt and see if he can do an update and step by step procedure for an idiot like me. :D

Dont worry about it... I am prolly not explaining it well. I am curious how to get the desktop to show the google toolbar and weather and so on. On some screenshots it looks like those things are embedded in the desktop (active desktop) and from what I am able to decypher it is all this coding done in various html files and thats how it is shown on the desktop.... my head hurts now... :D

Slap this in a HTML file for the google search

Code:
<FORM method=GET action="http://www.google.com/search" target=_blank>
<table border=0><tr><td><font face="Verdana" size="1">
Google<br>
<INPUT TYPE=text name=q size=25 maxlength=255 STYLE="width: 50px" style="Background : #000000; border : 1 solid #FFFFFF; color : #FFFFFF; font-family : Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size : 11px;">
<INPUT type=submit name=btnG VALUE="Go" style="Background : #000000; border : 1 solid #FFFFFF; color : #FFFFFF; font-family : Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size : 11px;">
</td></tr></table>
</FORM>

what about my new sig, how many people know how to do this ? I just learned !

Yes I did... its sad when no one postss for like 5 days... :(

Must all be preppin' halloween costumes :D

/me grabs the pressure washer out the shed! :p

yea I cant wait for mischeif night it should be fun... pfffft
I will have to find a place to hide my truck :D

I'm just wondering... all these beautiful sigs, what software is the best for this kind of work (including animations)?

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back