• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DMA blues in AMD and K7T266 PRO

K

Kylie

I have tried the MSI website who just ignore me so thought I would try here.

I have just upgraded to the:
K7T266 PRO - RU
XP17 Palamino
512 DDR
Maxtor ATA100 7200rpm x2

The problem is the promise raid on the mobo. On IDE1/2 it is firing along great at 100dma [hdtach=88] yet on the "raid" channels, IDE3/4 it only runs at DMA66 [hdtach 62]

I have the latest bios/promise drivers, dma enabled in XP, raid enabled in bios. I have tried everything.

I find it confusing that dma100 is only working on the non raid channels???? I would expect all or nothing :confused:

any ideas - even shots in the dark are worth a chance

cheers

Kylie

P

psal

Wild guess

Hi Kylie

Just a thought regarding your problem have you checked the type of cableing you are using I believe that there are UDMA cables available you could try that.

:cool:

I'm not familiar with the promise controller, but the highpoint controller I use has it's own bios setup that I need to access and set my drive to mode 5 in. Not sure if your setup is similar or not.

K

Kylie

My last one was highpoint and had no problems :mad: like yourself.

This is just a pain and wish I had never bought MSI. I am seriously considering disabling the onboard raid and getting a highpoint raid card !!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test