• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

divx spyware question

O

onewecallgod

this may seem like a stupid question but when i installed divx on my comp, it also installed gator spyware on it. i ran spybot sd and deleted all the files of gator, but i left the gator registry entries so that i could still run divx. now my question is that since i deleted the spyware files, but left the spyware registry entries, is it still spying or is nothing happening?

Well, as there is no programfile left to spy on you, I think you might be safe. The Registry entries are only used for program settings. But, it might also be that the Divx program itself is able to spy on you, but I hardly think that is true, but you never know.

R

roban

gator entries

Simply delete the gator entries in the registry as you don't need them to run divx. If the entry was CDilla then it would be a different story.

O

onewecallgod

the reason why im asking this question is because deleting the gator registry enties keeps divx from running.

divx v 5.0.5

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies