• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DHCP server for wxp

K

kanbeki

I was wondering if there was a w2kas-esque dhcp server in windows xp pro or if there was a similar prog I could use like it..see friends and I lan and constantly having to go into tcp/ip settings and manually setting 192.168.0.x gets annoying and since most of them have broadband at home it would be easy if one of the machines just ran as a dhcp and assigned everyone addresses, anyone know how to do it?

Yes, you can use RRAS in XP.
Start>Run>services.msc
Set "Routing and Remote Access Service" to Automatic, and click Start to run the service.

Then go to your Network Connections, and click Create a New Connection. Select "Set Up an Advanced Connection" in the wizard, and then, "Allow Incoming Connections" Follow through to the end of the wizard, and you should see a new "Incoming Connections" icon.

Right click it, click Properties, and go to the Networking tab. Double click TCP/IP, and you should see the option you want. You can set it to dynamically assign IPs to all computers connected to it using DHCP.

Hope that was what you were looking for. :)

Hmm...I'm not sure what you mean.
How are the computers connected to each other? Via a crossover cable? Using a hub/switch/router?

K

kanbeki

its a pair of hubs, one four port, one eight port. The four connects to the eight but the eight connects to nothing, I want the eight to connect to my computer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin