• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Destroy "My Pictures" forever?

Eproxus

Long gone and now back!
Is there any way to prevent folders of type "My [Insert bull**** here]" to be created?

I hate them.

Thanks in advance.

i was interested in this too, but when i installed Win XP Home on my new hard-drive, it didnt show up. I did all the updating, and its just not there.

I wish i could tell you what I did, but Im not sure. sorry, im useless.

Save this in notepad as a .reg file and merge it into your registry, delete "My Documents" from your profile and restart.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"My Pictures"=hex(2):00,00
"Personal"=hex(2):00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache]
"@C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\SHELL32.dll,-9227"="My Documents"
If you have a program that saves ANYTHING to the "My Documents" folder or subfolders by default (e.g. Nero, MSN) it might re-create it.

BTW if you click "Delete" on it, you don't even have to delete it and it won't show up on your desktop anymore; it'll just be a folder you will never see.

Originally posted by Eproxus
Thanks, how about the "My Ebooks" folder then?

I will assume that it's in your "My Documents" folder since I don't have that:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"My Ebooks"=hex(2):00,00

:) naw, that's something you have to do. It will just keep Windows from re-creating it. And again, you can just opt to not have it shown on the desktop.

Whoa there...I thought (from your second post) you wanted to eliminate "My Documents" entirely. To erase folders within, you would use this:
"My Pictures"=hex(2):00,00
"[name of any other folder you want to go away forever]"=hex(2):00,00
You can add more under the registry key, just make sure that it is in this format -- "Name of Folder"=hex(2):00,00

Eproxus

Long gone and now back!
"in the 'My Documents' folder" :D

I browsed into the registry and found out how it worked, just delete the path and the folder won't haunt you anymore!

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi