Dell Launches iPod rival

Did you possibly read the date of the article. It's (very) old news and has been available from Dell for a long time now.

j/k just felt the need to rant!!!

Let the competition begin. :p
Creative already has their Nomad player on the retailers' shelves already but not many people know about it. Also, I've had people asking for iPod, even though they don't know what the heck the thing is except that it plays music.

dreamliner77 said:
Did you possibly read the date of the article. It's (very) old news and has been available from Dell for a long time now.

j/k just felt the need to rant!!!

It is? :confused:
Never heard of it before :p

Haha, i also posted this news on my site too. :p

They look cool and have a great battery life. I wouldn't mind having one of these. Would be a nice complement to my laptop.
grin.gif

Yah, it looks good but I don't really like the placement of the buttons.

Looks cheap and nasty, the scroll wheel just adds to that. Still if it plays mp3's who gives a ****, it's going to spend 90% of it's life in your pocket :D

~bk said:
Apple vs Dell
SPeedY_B | NetRyder​

:D ;)

No point arguing over it. Lets just say this:

- The iPod and the DJ are almost the same size. Both have a 2-inch LCD screen.
- Battery life: iPod - 8 hours, DJ - 20 hours
- iPod supports AAC, DJ doesn't
- DJ supports WMA, iPod doesn't
- iPod costs more than a DJ of the same capacity.

A good balance between functionality and value for money over looks is what I look for. But to each his own...

My girlfriend's roommate got one for Christmas. She asked for an iPod, but her dad works for Dell and got her the Jukebox instead (hahaha). I personally don't care for it at all, and putting my Mini next to it makes it look (and feel) like a brick. It's fine in terms of cost, but that's about all I can say for it.

It always seems like people's decisions to go for iPods are based largely on looks, and I just can't get around to understanding that logic. As SPeedY said, it's going to spend most of it's time in your pocket when it's something of that size. Once you start playing your music, you just tuck it in, and enjoy the music...or am I wrong in thinking this? So what exactly are the looks for? Show-off value? To "impress your friends"? Is it just the "trendy" thing to do?
I'd much rather have the significantly better battery life, but maybe that's just me.

Not trying to take any sides here, but it's just something I've always wondered...

Besides, it's just funny when people decide to label something as "cheap and nasty" without ever having seen one. I know of a couple of people who own DJs, so I've seen and used them myself. Even reviews on the web have universally acknowledged that the device has a very solid and rugged design. I guess it just doesn't have enough hype value yet.
wink.gif

In this specific instance, I would not be slipping the Jukebox into one of my pants' pockets... it wouldn't fit. For me, size was more important than battery life, and so that's what I based my decision on.

iPods are definitely the "trendy" thing though. The way I look at it, why do people pay more for sports cars that get 15 mpg when they could pay less for a sedan that gets 25 mpg? They get the sports car for the style. The iPods have style, and I think that's what makes them most appealing.

muzikool said:
In this specific instance, I would not be slipping the Jukebox into one of my pants' pockets... it wouldn't fit. For me, size was more important than battery life, and so that's what I based my decision on.

Now the iPod Mini is definitely in a different league. That thing is tiny. Your decision is completely justifiable.
grin.gif

NetRyder said:
Now the iPod Mini is definitely in a different league. That thing is tiny. Your decision is completely justifiable.
grin.gif

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back