Dell Laptop EXPLODES At News Conference

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access

Attachments

• DellExplodes.jpg
    DellExplodes.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 188
yeah I saw that, that is crazy? Must of been an issue with the battery getting to hot or something maybe?

thats quite an impresive explosion!

If it's a lithium ion battery and the person didn't transport it correctly and properly, thats a possibility.

For any li-on battery.

Man that is crazy. Oooooooo, heh heh, kinda goes with tdinc's Sig. Wonder if they were using IE at the time? :p

That is a interesting posibility but unlikely.

It's either photoshoped or rigged ... lol ..

I agree, not matter how how it got, look at that explosion???? come on now

If it's a lithium ion battery and the person didn't transport it correctly and properly, thats a possibility.

For any li-on battery.

The Lithium Ion battery was my first thought, particularly with the nature of those explosions, and I bet that's exactly what will be uncovered as the cause. However, it's not always a matter of customer misuse, as much as the fact that some of them have manufacturing defects. Anything with a Lithium Ion battery, unfortunately, is a potential time bomb, whether it be laptops, cell phones, or hybrid cars. Thankfully, the failure rate is rather low.

Melon

Was just readong that before I came here.

I like the fact the engineer went to grab his laptop when he heard there was a fire, only to see it was his laptop causing it :D

Not that I think it's the case here, but you have to wonder if people are taking the known "inquiries" and trying to exploit them now for financial gain out of Dell.

Well I would too if I just lost my $1500+ laptop to an exploding battery that could have been prevented if Dell had addressed the issue to begin with. I think Dell should foot the bill for a new laptop, and maybe even some compensation for any lost data, which I am sure there is.

My Dell Laptop EXPLODES At my office

The new DELL battery that I bought just less than 6 months ago exploded in my office last night. Its a miracle that our office did not burn down.The entire right side of my laptop is charred and melted down that it won't even open.The table is screwed, the floor and walls are a mess and all my other papers are burnt. I am traumatized by this episode.

I have tried to contact the people at DELL, but no one has really responded. There is so much damage cause of this incident. The battery pieces were strewn on the floor, charring the walls and the floor. My entire working desk is charred. A few papers lying around my laptop and the mouse pad were burnt from the sides. What is worse is that our little office is filled with soot. I wasted my whole day yesterday just trying to get it cleaned. We have been breathing this toxic air, eyes burning and all our other PCs, desktops, printer and all the files everything has soot on it. Even the AC is affected as my workstation is right below the AC.

Lets just hope news of this, doesn't result in Jehadi (such as the guy who tried, unsuccessfully to blow up Times Square) taking a favor to buying Dell laptops. That's one sort of customer, no business in their right mind, would want to have :eek:

Re: My Dell Laptop EXPLODES At my office

The new DELL battery that I bought just less than 6 months ago exploded in my office last night. Its a miracle that our office did not burn down.The entire right side of my laptop is charred and melted down that it won't even open.The table is screwed, the floor and walls are a mess and all my other papers are burnt. I am traumatized by this episode.

I have tried to contact the people at DELL, but no one has really responded. There is so much damage cause of this incident. The battery pieces were strewn on the floor, charring the walls and the floor. My entire working desk is charred. A few papers lying around my laptop and the mouse pad were burnt from the sides. What is worse is that our little office is filled with soot. I wasted my whole day yesterday just trying to get it cleaned. We have been breathing this toxic air, eyes burning and all our other PCs, desktops, printer and all the files everything has soot on it. Even the AC is affected as my workstation is right below the AC.

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back