deleted

Not sure I have never done it. Only One way to see what happens. It might come up with a few to choose from or just do it.
You could try booting with the xp cd in & choose 'last know good ..........'

Look here

Check out the Trouble Shooting Section, as well as the section on verifiying that Task Scheduler is running - towards the end of the link.

It sounds like you have an HP with the "hidden recovery partition" ( I have an HP 750n) and you will learn that it is quite different than throwing in the old "XP cd" and doing things the easy way- anyway, in your Quick Start Guide there is info on System Restore, System Recovery and Application Recovery (if available). If you can do it with the problems you are having - back up what info/data you don't wan to lose - because if you have to do the destructive recovery, it'll wipe out anything you have put on the puter. The destructive system recovery will put everything back to the way it came from the factory.

Don't know if this will help or not - but it's some good info if nothing else. Personnaly I would check to make sure task scheduler is running/active first as explained in the link - as system restore can not run with it!

Good luck!

Try it this way to see if Task Scheduler is running:

Using the Command prompt window to ensure that the service is started:

Click Start, click Run, and then type "CMD" (without the quotation marks).

Press the ENTER key, and then type "Net Start" (without the quotation marks) at the command prompt to make sure that the Task Scheduler service is up and running.

After pressing enter it'll display what is running.

I am really lost now - it also appears System Restore is also running - anyone else got any ideas??

One wonders if your event log would give a hint.

If I remember - you can't use Help and Support and by clicking on the go.microsoft links I get a 404 error - really strange.

I am really at a lost and know I am in deeper than my meager knowledge will be able to help you out of this one!

Just for grins - have you run a virus scan?

Hey a bad guess is better than no guess at all!;)

Try this if you haven't already> Boot with the xp cd & choose the repair option. If modules are missing this should put them back.
Apart from that ???????????????????

Every message in the eventlog has an event ID. There is a site where you can search for more information on it: http://www.eventid.net/search.asp
Already tried to access systemrestore in save mode?
Are you sure you only have the restore to factory-settings option. Did you contact your systemmanufacturer?
No other ideas, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back