• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DDR or SD RAM

M

MMF

Dear Hareware expert

i need to know which one is better the DDR or SD RAM and which one will be used more in the future, shall i go for DDR Mother Board or SD RAM one.

Thank you

Reg

eXperienced!
Actually RAMBUS is not that much faster than DDR even though it has a higher MHz rate.

RAMBUS has a 2bit pipe so even though the MHz is larger, data transfer can only happen over a small bus.

Taurus

hardware monkey
no, frothy... very different. your system bus is more like 100mhz... but "quad-pumped" or some rubbish. via's soon-to-be kt400, for example, will run on a 133mhz bus like most modern motherboards, but the memory controller will run at a swift 200mhz (for 400mhz/pc3200 ddr). this should give better performance than pc800 rambus and maybe even pc1066.

and MMF, be sure to go with ddr. sdr is it's predecessor and is becoming a thing of the past.

C

Cyber_Trooper

DDR is the way to go.

What about all the recent news regarding DDRII? does anyone know when this will come out?

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Originally posted by MMF
Dear Hareware expert

i need to know which one is better the DDR or SD RAM and which one will be used more in the future, shall i go for DDR Mother Board or SD RAM one.

Thank you
DDR = SDR+ 40 % .. So DDR is the future !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog