Create a restore disc

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Im working on my dads laptop and im using a fresh install instead of the restore dvds. After the install with the drivers ready and a few programs installed i would like to create my own restore cd/dvd. Simple..where if anything was to go wrong all ihave to do is insert the cd/dvd and its restored..i just need to know how to create that...any ideas?

Akash

OSNN Senior Addict
If you go the features list for Acronis, one of the options is
Exclusive! Acronis® Recovery Manager™
Boot your computer to start the recovery process without boot media by selecting the F11 key, even if your operating system has failed.

I suspect that there would be a wizard of some sort to allow you to create an image, that is bootable to restore.

With Ghost this is possible too but you would still be using the Ghost wizard. In the wizard, you can create a bootable CD (or USB) and if the image is small enough, span it over multiple CDs, DVDs or USBs (other options include network etc)

Both the above I suspect would depend on your BIOS too and your hardware - whether your CDRom drivers were generic to boot etc

I would maybe advise downloading the trial for Acronis and trying it out?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut