• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

cpu hysteresis

J

jumpy

hey everyone, how are we today?
does anyone know what cpu hysteresis temperature is? For my via hardware monitor the alarm is set at 40C, ok i can remember something from physics about hysteresis about electrons moving across a field or something, but how is it related to the cpu?
also i thought that cpu hysteresis was a bad thing but the alarm for hysteresis goes off when the cpu is below that temperature
:confused:

so has anyone got any idea what hysteresis does to your cpu cos my cpu often sits at 40 to 45 full load and i was wondering what effect it is having, thanks
jumpy

J

jumpy

Originally posted by MiseryQv2.1
?!? There's a "hysteresis" setting in the monitor?!?

FREAKY!!!
yeah in my hardware monitor proggy for my mobo. does anyone know how hysteresis affects my processor???

J

jumpy

Argghh, still don't get it but thanks for trying everyone.
Maybe i will understand another day. Just maybe......
:::Jumpy also runs away in horror with Nick:::

Taurus

hardware monkey
i've always wondered the same thing... wtf is it?

i'm not worried anymore, though. if it made any real difference with anything at all, it would be seen around a lot more and us geeks would know about it. so, pretty much just ignore it.

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
I think its related to the term "electromigration"

Electromigration is when the current moves through the CPU's data channels, they get slowly worn away. Eventully they will wear out to the point where they dont work (Though that takes at least 10 years). Higher temperatures, and overclocking can accelerate electromigration.

JJB

joko_xp

OSNN Junior Addict
electromigration-yes,thats right and histeresis is something else,not related with cpu and temp(well,maybe,the cpu cooler has histeresis related temp vs rpm).

J

jumpy

goatman, if you have a via chipset, via hardware monitor should have been included on the cd that came with your board. motherboard monitor is another alternative which i prefer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown