Counter-Strike Valve problem (possibly XP)

D

demon4870

I recently re-installed counter-strike retail version onto my computer and am having problems logging onto Valve and WON. When i first installed it I was using just the LAN games at on my home network, but now that wont even work. I did add the 1.3 CS retail Xp update too but still no luck. If anyone can help i would appreciate it!

Originally posted by demon4870
I recently re-installed counter-strike retail version onto my computer and am having problems logging onto Valve and WON. When i first installed it I was using just the LAN games at on my home network, but now that wont even work. I did add the 1.3 CS retail Xp update too but still no luck. If anyone can help i would appreciate it!

Using a firewall?

Um was using a firewall (sygate personal pro) but took it down. I am Running Xp but disabled that firewall. It may be possible that my router has setup up a firewall though 2 computers on the same LAN can still connect!?!? so im still clueless

Counter-Strike has a anti-piracy feature built into it. If two different computers using the same CD-Key try to play online at the same time, the first to connect will work, and all other different computers using the same CD-Key will not be allowed onto online multiplayer servers.

JJB6486

Patch or full upgrade ?

the incremental upgrade is known to be less stable that full patch.
Try that see how you get on.

?????????

IM not understanding here. Are you saying to install the incremental patch (what is that by the way) or are you saying to install the full. Because i currently have installed the Half Life-Counter Strike (retail) patch 1.0.0.3. Still wont connect to Valve or Won! Thanx for the reply

Mmmm if you have used 1.0.0.3 then you should be cool , you said that there where still problems when you tried to set up a lan game ? what happens when you try & set up the lan game ( what error message do you get )

Just Valve

I can setup my own lan games and internet games. But for some reason when i try logging on to VALVe or WON it cannot find any servers and even if i add my own server as a favorite it still wont connect! I've Been looking everywhere for a solution hopefully you can help! If you want to send me an e-mail even my address is demon4870@hotmail.com! Thanx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back