• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Could this be a virus

MyJelleo

OSNN Junior Addict
Recently I recieved an email in my Hotmail account from a "Billy Kane" that had text that said:

Hi,This is a special new game
This game is my first work.
You're the first player.
I hope you would enjoy it.

The email itself was 120k and had no attachments. The words from the letter I posted just above was all in text, (simply typed out)

A friend told me it's possible that the letter had a hidden attachment (If anyone knows how I can tell if there is a hidden attachment, it would be helpful.)

Anyway, has anyone recieved any email like this, not from the same person, but some characteristics?

If so, was it a virus.

jw50

OSNN Senior Addict
The wording in the e-mail sounds like it might have been a virus, however hotmail scans all attachments and if the attachment was a virus hotmail may have killed it before you saw the msg. If you are still concerned just make sure you have the latest virus definitions for your software and do a complete system scan.

D

dijital

i got that same email. i usually delete anything and everything from an unrecognized user. same thing goes for attachments.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test