• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Constant upload by client

F

Franky

Hi

I habe a little homenetwork 2 pc's mine and my wife's hooked up so she can surf via mine. that's all fine but now i've seen that she (it must be recently) take's up a constant 2 to 5 kb upload from the internet connection nothing wrong with that I I didn't have the restriction from my isp that I only can have 1.5 gig uploud a month and in 2 day's I raised from 10 to 15 % to 61 % so at this rate i'll be on smallband tommorow the only way to stop this is tot disable the network but than she cannot surf I've allready scanned for virusses first norton wouln'd let me scan but after an update it did and found 0 infection I scanned twice I've let adaware do his thing but nothing anybody any ideas ?

tnx in advance

Greetz Franky

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Check what programs are running in the background. Make sure that noone left stuff like P2P programs like Kazaa running, or other programs in the sustem tray like AIM or something that stays connected all the time.

JJB6486

F

Franky

there no p2p apps running and messenger is olso shut down so there's nothing running of app's and still there's 2 a 3 kb uploud

A

Athalonxp1800gu

See if there is any odd processes running or, you could just log it off (not Switch users) but log off to the logon screen.

search the ports for possible Trojan
friend has this same type of activity on his computer when he runs a certain program its opening ports......

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix