• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Computer now getting "virtual machine stack overflow" message on start-up

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Hey everyone,
My computer just started getting the error message "Virtual Machine Stack Overflow" when Log-in to windows. I run a custom machine on Windows 7 Ultimate on an MSI 890GXM-G65 board It seems that the problem started when I did one of these things?

• Installed another 5770 in CrossfireX
  • Installed a 950w PSU in place of a 600w PSU
  • Re-installed Catalyst Control Center (This reinstalling led to blue screens in the process mind you)
  • Might have tried to flash bios but the bios flashed stopped me before it did anything
  • Installed TDMaker (Maybe this is it?)
  • I don't think its this one because I don't think it happened this early but: Installed Microsoft Visual C++ X64 Redistributable - 10.0.310319 and two subsequent Visual C++ 2008 updates
Just thought I'd give a summary of system changes around the time of the error message to see if someone has a clue about this annoying message :D
Thanks!

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Hey!
Here is a screenshot.
I also opened up task manager and it says the Application is Smalltalk/V and the process is settings.exe

I'm gonna try and remove TDmaker and see if thats it, It was a torrent maker thing.
-Jack

Attachments

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Hey!
Here is a screenshot.
I also opened up task manager and it says the Application is Smalltalk/V and the process is settings.exe

I'm gonna try and remove TDmaker and see if thats it, It was a torrent maker thing.
-Jack
I uninstalled TDMaker and restarted. The message still popped up.

EDIT: I just went into MSConfig and disabled some programs, and I don't get the error anymore. I re-enabled CCC and i still don't get the error. Not sure what was causing it. There was one called ATI Customer Support that I left disabled might have been that one? Or maybe by disabling and re-enabling the programs it made something work right? I'll let you know if it comes back!
Thanks,
Jack

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies