Computer dead?

CHiLLaXen

hypnotika
Ok, I turned of my computer for a bit (about an hour) then tried tuening it back on. I starts up but monitor does not turn on. I tried swapping out the memory and still no go. What could be wrong with it? I don't have an extra CPU or graphics card to test those =(

my specs:
Abit KD7A mobo
AMD 2500+ barton
512x2 PNY (main RAM) / 256x1 Kingston (backup RAM)
4x HD Drives
2x CD/DVD drives
Promise HDD controller

Does it give you any startup error beeps? If so, how many?

Also, your graphics card might have come loose- make sure it's seated properly.

I hooked up a mobo speaker to it and I get long continious beeps. I use to have a website the tells you what this means but I can't find it anymore =/

I have the phoenix BIOS and get 3-4 sec beep followed by 3-4 sec of no sound. It doesn't list the error code for that.

*edit*

well my computer just started up out of the blue =/

but another problem:
I have a old computer that starts up, no beeps, but no video output? I have tried:
swapping out gfx cards (when I had extras)
swapping out proccessors (P4s)
swapping out memory

all no go

Last edited:
Heres a better beep code site but one long beep is not listed for Phoenix there either.

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/phoenixbeep.htm

On the old computer if the fans spin then it is probably the MB. IF the fans don't spin then the power switch or the power supply is bad. Make absolutely sure the speaker is connected to the right header though.

Yea, I believe I need to update the BIOS to be compatible with the P4 A proccessors but I do not have P4 C/D proccessor to start the computer with. I was hoping it was something else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back