• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Commands [ installing Windows ME ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I've tried to install Windows Millenium yesterday on a new computer but I've forgot totally some commands and will be aprecciated some help . That pc. has no O.S and I would like to install Me from the boot disk but I've forgot the commands for starting setup.exe from it's folder .. ;)

I would like also to see the contents of the cd from the boot disk .. [/.../.../]
I've attached a pic. also
Thanks a lot . Cosmin :shifty: .. very tired right now ( 5 in the morning ) and I'd like to start installing from now on' .. Thanks again .

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Put the boot floppy in & boot up selecting cd rom support. When it loads stick the ME cd in & get to the cd rom eg, D:\ & type cd win9x. Get's you here D:\win9x. Now type setup (enter & away it goes)

zyfos

Resurrected
Get/make a 98 boot disk with cd-rom support. Boot off the disk and load the cd-rom support. During the bootup process, it will assign a drive letter to your cd drive. Try to watch and see what letter drive that is (of course you can always pic and guess). Assuming it's the D drive, type in the following.
D:
cd\window~1
setup
That should get you going (assuming you have all the necessary files on that cd).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin