Comcast Users, Don't go over 600GB D/L

Pretty close actually, but I won't get into details. Not until the 7 years have passed since my offense :eek:

Hmm, goind point.

Apparently my math skills need work.

Either way, still not telling :p

kcnychief said:
Hmm, goind point.

Apparently my math skills need work.

Either way, still not telling :p

And your English skills, apparently. :eek: Warez monkey.

I think that would be my typing skills, but who's counting?

I am bringing an old thread back for a few points:

1. Comcast is not the only provider to do this, my ISP OOL is normally not strict at all, except when it comes to abusing upload. Upload at 128 KB/sec for a few hours and you get capped down to 28 KB/sec upload.

2. They are within their right to do this, it is stated in the TOS/AUP. No arguing about it, people know about it when they sign up.

3. Speakeasy while cool, is also very expensive, that is why they don't need to care about how much transfer you do, as at $130 which was quoted to me, it covers almost all the transfer you can do.

4. After about 100 GB of transfer, most cable companies that provide internet are not making any money anymore. 200 GB is when they are about even when it comes to money, at 300 GB and above they are losing money on a customer. (Stats from an OOL employee I know, at $50 for 10 Mbit down, 1 Mbit up).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back