chosing a video card

nod32

OSNN Addict
Im trying to decide between three cards...
3850 256mb @ 190
8800 256mb @ 214
3850 512mb @ 224
(prices in CAD btw)

the other thing im trying to figure out is at what resolution ill be running on. My monitor doesn't support high resolutions so im not sure if 512mb of memory would make a difference.

on viewsonics website it says the optimal resoltion is 1366x768 but later on shows that the maximum resolution is 1280x768.

Lets say i game at 1280x768 (because it's the most the monitor supports), would the 512mb or memory provide a good increase in fps?

thanks
Matt

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
The 512mb will not give you any benifits in the cards your looking at .. it would slow them down if they loaded 512mb into the ram ... your better of with a 256mb card and I would say take the 8800 series .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR