• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Changing the "Mobile Device" Icon in My Computer

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Any body know how to change the Mobile device icon, which apperared when installing Activesync, as it really does not match my Umicons set :(

Cheers

IJ

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I don't have Active Sync installed so I am not sure which executable or DLL file the icon is stored in. However, you could use a program like Resource Hacker to edit that exectuable or DLL file and change the icon by replacing the resource.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi madmatt, i tried changing all the icons I could find in the dll files (none in the exe) via reshacker, and it did not seem to do anything but I guess I forgot to refresh my Icons...... Doh! :laugh:

Thanks anyway tiz sorted now :)

Attachments

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Cheers they are the Umicons set with my own special twist :) hence the 256 colour mobile device icon was scabby so changed it to an image of my IPAQ :)

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Doh just noticed that when I reboot the old icon comes back, yet if I refresh the icons (using tweak ui) my new one comes back, oh well windows weirdness i guess :)

madmatt said:
Very nice work.
- Thank you :) still the main credit goes to manhatten fantastic icon set, shame he stopped them to go over to gant :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis