• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Changing installation path B4 using sfc

a1ehouse

Chamone M*tha Fu*ka
Just spent half an hour searching for this so i thought I'd share for other bods with similar probs.

I had installed a new drive and consequently changed the original installation path. Just tried Start>Run>'sfc /scannow' and it gave me error messages complaining about wrong path/CD etc. So I amended a couple of things in regedit:

Change letter to new drive letter.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]
"SourcePath"="Z:\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup]
"Installation Sources"=Z:\
"SourcePath"="Z:\"

Thats it!

R

rj2

thnx for reply. plz correct me if i am wrong here.you had z:\ as an example,correct.i would use just C:\.
thnx.

W

War Priest

if he put c:\, some igit (yes spelled as intended) would use c:\. Never fails:rolleyes:

R

rj2

;) hello war horse.my, for someone with a whole 14 posts at this forum you act like someone who has been here ages,and has given themselves the right thru being such a longstanding member of this forum to mock others.ps.forums are nice when they have people helping each other out.yes i am an xp-noob,but i feel my questions are as valid as any,so do me a favor ,if you can help me,great & i thank you,if not go somewhere else.
thnank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown