• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CDROM Windows XP problems. plz help!

B

biker_125

well i have 2 cdroms. a cd burner and a normal cd rom. but when i go to my computer it only shows the cd burner and not the cd rom. when i try to open the normal cd rom it wont open. why is it doing this? could u plz help asap.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
I would start by looking in the bios to see if you can find the cd rom in question , and also check to see if you have them wired properly ie: Burner set as master second ide and CDrom set as slave on second ide

Or lets say Hardrive master on ide 1 with Cdrom as a slave then Burner Master on ide 2

:)

H

hsmit

if you put a cd in the cd rom drive in question, does it spin up (you will have to listen for it- if so, then the cd rom is recognizing the cd inside, and spinning up to find the read head. cd rom hardware is ok. go into your device manager, and delete or uninstall just the one cd rom in question. once you remove that, reboot. does the pc re-recognize the cd rom? if not, it could have a bad interface on the cd- switch locations on the cable to another cable, and retry.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies