CD Full/Non Writable

A

aletank

I use a normal writable CD for putting files on I add files, leave it for a few days/weeks, add some more and it's OK for a couple of times,Then all of a sudden the CD is not reconised as a writable CD.I get a messege saying "The CD is Full/Non Writable" Even though the 2 CD's in question only has 5.85mb and 43.3mb used on them.This is in Windows XP and I use the "Copy To""Move To" options in XP to burn

I'm using 16 Speed Memorex Discs and a 12 Speed Phillips CDRW Drive.

Would this be caused by faulty discs maybe?

Any other advice greatly appreciated !!

A

aletank

These are CDR I am using, Not CDRW, I want to burn files onto them and keep adding until the CD is full then keep the CD with all my collected files.
I've just counted up the space used too, CD1 states that 5.85MB is used but I just counted 506MB is actually used. CD2 states that 43MB is used but I just couted that 464MB is actually used. These are 700MB discs I'm using

A

aletank

i'm using the built in software thats in XP. which lets you use your CDRW drive just like your "A" floppy drive, with a "copy to" "Move to" command

I've just started using a 3rd disc, now i've just put that in my drive and it says, Used Space 276mb, Free Space 404mb
This is how it should be, now I might add stuff again to this and i come to put more stuff on after that and it mightn't work saying the disc is full/non writable

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut