CD/DVD Stamper

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Anyone know if these are available?...i do lots of compliation CDs and think it would be great to have my own custom label!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Yes, plenty are available. They range from $10-20 for handheld stampers with labels that you print from your printer to $1,500+ duplicators that print directly onto the CD/DVD.

i print the labels with my hp deskjet and then put them on the cd with a little tool. you lay the label upside don on it then the cd and then you press the cd down and the label is perfectly centered.

sboulema said:
i print the labels with my hp deskjet and then put them on the cd with a little tool. you lay the label upside don on it then the cd and then you press the cd down and the label is perfectly centered.

Tool = CD Stomper

1) It has been proven that adhesive labels have bad longterm effects on cdrs.
2) This is especially true in high speed drives
3) Adhesive Labels should never be used on dvdr's
4) Epson has a fairly inexpesive printer that will print directly to inkjet printable cdr's (I prefer these cd's anyways since they have a nice think label side)
5) There will very shortly be cdrw drives and media that will allow you flip the disc over after burning and use the laser to etch a label on the label side (kinda similiar to Yamaha's T@2 process)
6) Or is it possible you were talking about actually mastering true foil cd's?

dreamliner77 said:
5) There will very shortly be cdrw drives and media that will allow you flip the disc over after burning and use the laser to etch a label on the label side (kinda similiar to Yamaha's T@2 process)

they are gona rock :cool::D

Dreamliner -

"1) It has been proven that adhesive labels have bad longterm effects on cdrs."

How about some details, or is this another urban myth?
- Is the impact related to how long the labeled cd is in the drive and spinning?
- Is the data integrity affected?
- Is the mechanical integrity of the plastic disk impacted?

The answers to these questions impacts whether I give a damn about the "effects".

Printing Your Own CDRs With Ink

"Labels that are applied to a CDR are more problematic by nature due to the high speed of today's modern CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives. When bubbles form under labels the bubbles can affect the balance of the CDR, which means that the CDR does not spin in a balanced manner in the drive. This can lead to read errors, and in rare cases, cause a CDR to shatter within the drive itself."

LeeJend-

It has many negative effects

1) adhesive "could" damage polycarbonate or dye
2) lable seperates
3) Throw disc off balance
Some others

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back