• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cant install radeon drivers

adek

Very xp-erianced
Keep tring to install on a mobility radeon 9000 but keeps saying that it needs an vga compatiable driver first. Please help as i am going to throw this lappy across the room very soon.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I did not see an AGP to CPU controller listed under System on that Link.

Did you install the chipset drivers before trying to install the video drivers? They need to be there (up to date and correct version for your chipset) before you can install the video cadr drivers.

CPU talks to the AGP Controller that talks to the Video card.

Edit
Never mind it's there, SIS Accelerated Graphis Port. I'd still check the SIS chipset drivers are insatlled correctly though. Also check in the Bios to make sure AGP is selected as the video mode.

adek

Very xp-erianced
installed the latest sis driver but the install program for the graphics drivers still says INF ERROR, Try installing a driver for the video display (vga compatiable) first.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
use the driver uninstaller from ati and remove all drivers...

then reinstall...

it is a problem with the installation sequence afaik...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix