cant check folder properties.....

razor_ro

OSNN Addict
can anyone tell me why i can't check my folders properties? Everytime i right click on a file and then choose properties nothin happens..... i can check file properties and drive properties? but not folders.... i might of turned and option off or something,.... any advice would be great!!! thx...

RaZoR

ps... i am using Windows XP + all updates

Go to Start - Run type services.msc

Check the status of the "World Wide Web Publishing" service. Does it say "starting" - means it tries to start but can't?

Some setting in your firewall may be the reason.

Disable the service, restart, reset the startup type of the service and start it manually. Your firewall should ask for permission, give the permission and check the "always allow" box. May work.

i had this happen once with my internet poperties. never could fix with anything but a formate.

yoyo said:
Go to Start - Run type services.msc

Check the status of the "World Wide Web Publishing" service. Does it say "starting" - means it tries to start but can't?

Some setting in your firewall may be the reason.

Disable the service, restart, reset the startup type of the service and start it manually. Your firewall should ask for permission, give the permission and check the "always allow" box. May work.

YOYO Thanks man!! worked like a charm :D .... but I gotta ask, how the hell did you know that? I would of never linked it to that service!!! :confused: wow, i am impressed :eek: .... anyways thanks, ttyl

RaZoR

I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

This also worked for me, almost. The "World Wide Web Publishing" service would not initially start for me. I had to look at the dependent services and set a few services to 'Automatic' and start them, before I could get this service to start.

Just thought I would add this for anyone that runs into the same problem.

Mr

I have encountered this problem a couple of times. It always (for me) has been caused by IIS. If you do not host a web site on your windows XP then you should remove IIS completely as it does nothing but take up resources. If you want to keep it and have this problem the easiest way to get it to work is to run CMD (start, run, cmd) then enter the command IISRESET. This will stop and restart the IIS services. The problem will go away. The problem is caused by the IIS Service not starting correctly and therefore being unable to set up the Web sharing tab of the folder properties.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back