Cannot play FarCry demo.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I cannot play the FarCry demo that I got when I purchased a computer mag. It installed properly, also reinstalled DX9B. I turned down all antiliasing to zero, and the resolution to 800x600x32. It reboots my machine when I press start to play it. When Loading, it craps out. I am able to play my Call of duty with no probs, and I going to assume that it takes the same resources as FarCry, so it is not my machine. Is there another setting or something that I am missing? Maybe it is just this demo, maybe the full version will not be a problem. I just wanted to try it out before purchasing.

Heeter

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Oh well, I am sorry. I jumped the gun.

It says on the prog bootup screen "AMD64" So I am going to assume that it is not intended to play on my machine. I thought that 64 stuff/progs would be backwards compatible, maybe not.

Heeter

Xie

- geek -
the AMD 64-bit chip is backwards compatible w/ 32-bit programs .. but programs that are written for 64-bit will not run on a 32-bit system.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
sounds like you need to disable auto reboot so you get a blue screen of death, then the driver at fault can be found and fixed, farcry needs the latest, Video, Chipset & Sound drivers :)

if you are using ati. the new 4.4 cats have something in it about fixing stuff in far cry its worth a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelPowers