Can you make services?

M

mindgam3r

ok, i'm running apache 1.3 something and a ahl server. i am wondering if there is a way to MAKE a current application a service. i don't want to put them in the startup items folder, i want them to be services so they don't take up taskbar entries. can this be done? thx in advance

D

DarkSiege

I doubt that...the services are created by the program so...

M

mindgam3r

ok...

well, when apache installed it gave me an option to make it a service, but i stupidly didn't do that. maybe i'm crazy, but shouldn't there be a littl eoption to add a new service? i just hate having 2 taskbar entries always taken up.

K

kingnothing

There's a program called FireDaemon, which will make a service out of any program. It's one of my all-time favorite programs. Unfortunately, the current version doesn't work on XP, and they've been working on an XP version since XP came out, but have had trouble getting funding.

It's supposed to be released in Q1 2002, so they still have a couple of months to go.

FireDaemon for WinNT/2K

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PseudoKiller