• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Can I network XP pro with Mac OS?

D

Digerati

I have a PC running XP pro at home and was wondering if it is possible to network and old PowerMac I have that has a built in ethernet port? I think the Mac is running MacOS 8.

I already have a cable router connected to my roadrunner, so is it possible?

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
File sharing will not work, because XP does not support Appletalk. Set up TCP/IP and it can access the Internet through the router but XP does not come with an Appletalk driver :(

JJB6486

Rod

OSNN Junior Addict
I've networked W2K with Mac OS9 but that was using the really great program I can't remeber for the life of me, all I know is that it was named after the creator. But you can do it you'll just have to by the program if I can find it again I'll post it here...

I went looking around here is one option not the best but it is XP compatible Here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix